Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ha Ha Ho


Okay, I love the pan fried wontons at the Full Ho restaurant here in Las Vegas, a chinese restaurant in a downscale shopping center that we have been going to for like 20 years. But it's not just the wontons I like, it's really the dipping sauce that comes with them. We guard that sauce with our lives so that we can put it on the rice or other dishes long after the wontons are gone. I have asked the lovely Chinese lady who runs the place many times for the recipe and she always laughs and says "secret recipe". Well, last night I made chicken-lemon potstickers with soy-scallion dipping sauce (got the recipe at http://www.myrecipes.com/, a truly great website) and found that with a couple of minor alterations the soy-scallion dipping sauce could be transformed into Full Ho's dipping sauce...so I have achieved a minor cooking miracle. I will now be making this by the pint to keep around!


My "Fuller than a Ho" Dipping Sauce


5 Tbsp. mirin (rice wine)
4 Tbsp. soy sauce
4 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tsp. chili paste with garlic
2 Tbsp. sugar
2-3 drops sesame oil


Mix together and enjoy on wontons, potstickers, lettuce wraps, fried rice, whatever!!!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...