Monday, November 10, 2008

Midway, Thirdway, a Whip and a Bowl of Red

Hello Loyal Readers and thanks for hanging in there with me during this time of sporadic posting.

Principal photography has reached the midway point after yesterday's shoot. The weather on Saturday was beautiful, so of course we shot on Sunday when the wind, rain and clouds presented a challenge. Once scene involved about seven of us dressed in "hooker" attire in the freezing wind. Then later we shot when it was so dark and windy and cold that we were freezing (I only brought a light sweater to set and I wished I had gloves and a scarf or something!) Then when we came back outside the sun was out, the wind had stopped...lovely, right? Wrong, because now our scenes wouldn't match the earlier ones so we had to re-shoot everything. Ahh, gotta love a challenge.

It is also the 'thirdway' point of NaNoWriMo. I should be at 15,000 words but I'm a bit behind at about 10,000 words. I also can't get in to upload my word counts because the server is so busy. I'll try again today. I think I'll be able to really catch up after shooting ends next Sunday. Any writers up for a write-a-thon? (Hmm, Dyann?)

I haven't even gotten to play with my new iPod much, although I did start the set up process. Now I just wish there was an easy way to transfer everything on my Zen to my iPod...

The whip in the title of this column is actually a riding crop and it's part of the dominatrix costume I'll be wearing on Friday as part of the Vegas Schmegas shoot. Boy, is it ever uncomfortable. The fence-net pantyhose make me feel like I'm stuffing myself into those bags that hold lemons or onions. But it was a great excuse to buy a pair of boots that I can't afford (why do I feel like I'm on 'Sex and the City' when I say that?) The funniest part was when I tried my costume on for my family, The Graminator thought I looked 'really nice'. Not exactly the look I was going for, or else my grams thinks I should dress more slutty.

The bowl of red was the chili I made for the shoot yesterday. I made it much less spicy than I normally would since I was feeding a crowd (although it still had heat and I brought jalapenos for those who needed it hotter) but it got rave reviews. I mean raves. Kelly even called me at home last night to tell me again how good he thought it was. And to back up the compliments, when I went to go to clean up the crock pot it was empty. I mean empty. They ate six quarts of chili! And two pans of brownies. It went well on a cold day.

Okay, I gotta get back to work. Thanks for hanging in there, I'll try to make tomorrows post a bit more exciting.

2 comments:

Maura said...

Hey, I just spotted your word count on the NaNo site. You are doing awesome!!!! I need to catch up, too. I just started a new work assignment so my free time for writing took a nose dive also. But except for the day we drove back from VA, I have been writing everyday and that was the main thing I wanted to get out of NaNo - developing a daily writing habit.

In spite of the weather setbacks, it sounds like the shoot is moving along. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that it goes smoothly for the rest of the shoot. And if I ever do get my little butt out to Vegas, I definitely want to try some of that chili!! :)

dyann hunter said...

I seem to read your blog more than I keep up on mine. I should blog, but each time I get ready to, I think, I should be writing for NANO! I'm a little behind too.

I'm game for a write-a-thon anytime you'd like. We could hit a Starbucks or someplace neat to write. They had one last weekend for the local group, but I wanted to lounge around in my PJs. Whatever works!

I cracked up when you mentioned your Gram thought you looked nice in your Dom attire. She's probably thinking that's just the new hip style for the day! LOL

OK, well back to writing.

Keep it up, busy girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...