Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sage-free is okay!


So I had to cook a sage-free Thanksgiving due to Roberta's allergy to the herb. I was concerned, most especially for the stuffing. But I made my own poultry seasoning and it was delicious. I have given the recipe below, you could also add rubbed sage for a more traditional taste.


2 tsp. Rosemary
1 Tbsp. Thyme
2 tsp. Marjoram
1 Tbsp. Savory
1 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. cloves

Grind together in a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
We also had Bourbon Sweet Potatoes, which was a Rachel Ray recipe (and you know how I feel about Rachel Ray but they were delicious in spite of her!). Picture is of the spread (forgive the bad lighting, I took it with my cell phone)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...