Monday, January 14, 2008

The Endless Cold


Have you ever had a cold that never went away? That’s how I’m feeling right now. I am on day eleven of this cold. I felt really crappy the first weekend, then just cruddy for the last week. Never getting much better, never getting much worse. I think I’m better, then the cough starts up again, or the cough goes away then the head congestion starts again. I’ve tried Airborne, Zicam, NyQuil, Musinex, orange juice, chicken soup, hot tea, 7-Up, Vicks Vapo-Rub and the power of positive thinking. The only thing that helps is resting a lot, but short of a coma, I have a life I need to tend to. Everyday I think that I should wake up and feel a lot better and everyday when I wake up I feel maybe 1/10th of a percent better. It’s like watching a file download from the internet over a dial up connection. You think, “hey, only 8 seconds more and it’ll be done”, then when you look again the estimated time is 47 hours and you’re wondering how the hell that happened. Ugh. Pardon me while I go hack up a lung. Meanwhile we can send people into space but we can’t cure the rhinovirus? I know where I want my tax dollars spent. But until then, I’m going back to bed. A nice long coma, er nap, sounds good right now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...