Monday, January 14, 2008

Let There Be Light


Have you ever done something pretty simple but you were so inordinately proud of yourself? That’s how I’m feeling. I changed a light switch this weekend. Yes, I turned the electricity off first, I’m not that stupid. It was a seventy-eight cent part, I learned how to do it with instructions off the internet and it took me about fifteen minutes to do the job (thirty minutes if you count the trip to Lowe’s to buy the new switch.) And voila, there was a beautiful new light switch that turned the lights on and off - the old switch only turned them on about forty percent of the time. I showed everyone my new light switch and they all feigned great impression with my job, sort of like you give a short bus riding child when they accomplish some minor feat like tying their shoelaces even thought they are already in the sixth grade. But considering I saved myself about a hundred bucks in electrician fees to do the same job, I’m darned proud of myself. Next up, re-sealing the refridgerator!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...