Thursday, September 25, 2008

Prepping the Pilot

We are gearing up for full production mode for the "Vegas Schmegas" pilot that we start filming on November 1st. We have the final table read this Saturday. Some of the biggest production tasks are taken care of, like the motel we are shooting exteriors at (thanks Irwin!) and the insurance bonds we need (thanks ProWerks!). We still have a few more to nail down, like renting a poker table and renting a convertible (anyone out there have a white or black convertible they want to loan for two scenes?) I also have to get myself a dominatrix outfit. Yes, I know, it won't be pretty but that's kind of the joke. I have been web surfing to find something that I won't die of embarrassment wearing but a lot of things are expensive and even if I weren't poor (which I am) I don't want to pay a bunch of money for some leather fetish outfit that I will never wear again...unless I decide to make some money on the side. JUST KIDDING!!! (Anyone got a riding crop and leather dog collar they want to loan me?)

I'm looking forward to working on this. It will be filmed like a feature film. We have actual crew members instead of us all doing everything. I found a lovely young woman to be our script supervisor from the woman who taught me how to do the job (thanks Penny!). We still need someone to assist with hair and makeup (anyone want to be the next Max Factor?) and we are still looking for extras for a scene in the park on November 7th. If anyone is interested in being in a scene or just wants to check out filming, let me know.

I had to write a press synopsis of the show as we looked for potential investors and here is the press clip.
"WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS WILL NO LONGER STAY IN VEGAS!
The VDE team announced early Monday that they are now in pre-production on a new comedy sitcom pilot. The project, tentatively titled VEGAS SCHMEGAS, is a recurring character sketch comedy show along the lines of the international hit Little Britain. From the award winning filmmakers at Vision Dynamics Entertainment and shot in state-of-the-art high definition, VEGAS SCHMEGAS is perfect for standard television, cable and even Internet broadcast. VEGAS SCHMEGAS's colorful characters will be instantly recognizable to anyone familiar with the legend and lore that is Las Vegas."

There is actually a longer synopsis that goes into detail about some of the characters, etc. but I'll save that for closer to the release date. With everything going on with The Graminator I have felt less than creative so it will be good to get back into things. I am going to have to find a sitter for some of the filming days but my friend Kelley at ATM&S gave me a lead on someone so I'm going to call her, or if that doesn't work, check into a respite care provider.

In other stuff, I had a great birthday and I want to thank everyone who sent birthday wishes. It was nice not to be forgotten! I know I'm getting older because I asked for (and got) face cream and new pillows for my birthday. I haven't been sleeping well for the past few weeks but it's better with the new pillows and the face cream helps me look like I got a better night's sleep!

Lavender, the garden cat, is now Lavender, the home and garden cat. She comes into the house every morning and spends most of the day sleeping under The Graminator's bed. She also likes to jump on the couch and have me pet her. Which makes my dog jealous so I have to pet her too. So I have a dog on one side and a cat on the other. My allergies haven't bothered me too badly but I brush Lavender every other day and we try to vacuum a lot too. She still sleeps outside but I'm sure that will change when it gets cooler. My mom bought the cat an eighteen pound bag of food so I guess we have decided to keep her. Mom says we are still looking for a home for her though, so if anyone wants a very loving and friendly full grown cat, let me know.

I'll comment on the bizarre twist of John McCain suspending his campaign when I figure out why he did it. There is something going on that I can't quite understand and I don't like it, it makes me feel uneasy. As uneasy as a $700 billion dollar bailout but that's inevitable. This campaign strategy though is really weird on McCain's part.

And finally, Ted McGinley got kicked off "dancing with the Stars" last night. I thought it would be Susan Lucci or Kim Kardashian but I guess they have more fans. It's a shame, he was a better dancer who worked really hard. But I guess there aren't as many fans of "Married with Children" or "The Love Boat" anymore. And I was sure America wouldn't vote off Cloris this week, which is very nice, but she needs to go next week people. It's painful to watch her 'pseudo-dancing'. Tonight is the premieres of "Survivor: Gabon" and "My Name is Earl" and "The Office" - bring on the entertainment!

3 comments:

Maura said...

I am soooooo looking forward to Survivor tonight. I normally don't care for the reality shows too much but this one is my lone guilty pleasure. The Amazing Race was ok but I stopped watching after they had that one guy on who hit his wife. And the Mole has good potential but it needs work. We watched a couple of minutes of Dancing with the Stars last night. I thought it was funny when they showed the recap with Cloris trying to bribe the judges with cash. In all seriousness,though, I just don't see how she can last any longer. But power to her for getting out there and doing it!!

Anyway, I am so excited for you and Vegas Schmegas! It sounds like it will be a fun show. Please be sure to let me know when/where I can watch it. Even though I know it is going to keep you oh so busy, I think it is going to do you a world of good to get back into doing what you love to do. Good luck with it and have fun!!!

By the way, I finally got around to watching The Sign yesterday. I liked it a lot. And was that you at the end? The picture wasn't super clear and I only have your blog photo to compare it with so I couldn't tell for certain.

Shae said...

Yup, that's me correcting the sign. It was a long way to got for a grammar joke but it's actually been a successful film for us.

I am such a TV whore. I love The Amazing Race and the original season of The Mole (when Anderson Cooper was the host) was the best. But Survivor is right up there and this one is in HD (I love when I can use the HD TV!)

Jonathon Bryant said...

Did anybody see Greys Anatomy last night!!!! OMG it was so good.I love that show. -JON

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...