Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Last Day of Principal Photography





So today is the last day of principal photography for "You People". And I'm happy and sad. It has been a lot of hard work and I didn't even have it the hardest. But with juggling who would watch The Graminator and starting a new business, it was a bit hectic. But I'm sad because it was a lot of fun.

Film sets, like many a theatrical production, create a lot of camaraderie. There are inside jokes and shared experiences and you become close to people very quickly. I understand why so many actors 'fall in love' on movie sets. You are around someone ten to twelve hours a day, you bond. (For the record, I did not fall for any of my co-stars. But I do love them all dearly.) And on an independent film, everyone pitches in to help wherever they can. It's a very "Andy Hardy, let's put on a show" kind of feeling and I always feel sad when it's over.

Not to say it's always roses and sunshine. There is a lot of waiting on a film set, while lights are adjusted and camera angles are changed. It's hot (especially in the Vegas summer and your character is wearing a Christmas sweater in every scene.) All that closeness and familiarity can cause tempers to be shortened. But for the most part, it's a fun collaborative effort and this one made even more fun because most of us were good friends going in and those that were new to our 'family' soon became our bosom buddies too.

So thank you to the cast and crew of "You People". Making a movie with all my friends was a BLAST! I can't list everyone here but here's a partial list. I love you....Kelly, Charisma, Mark, Jon, Max, Erica, Denise, John, Will, Elly, Nathan, JP, Henry, Jimmy, Lou, Holly, Lincoln, all of the extras who gave their time and anyone I left off the list (just because I didn't have any scenes with you doesn't mean I don't love you!)

Today, the last scene on the last day of principal photography is my character getting hit in the head with a kitchen sink...do you think there is some kind of significance? Viva la Tango Box!

1 comment:

Maura said...

So when will this movie be available for viewing? I can't wait to see it and I'm so glad you had a good time doing it. You always seem to be having so much fun in all that you do. Way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...