Thursday, October 08, 2009

Hair!

So my hair appointment took four hours yesterday. I went to Marcy at Shag Me, who also does my brother's and sister-in-law's hair so I knew I was in good hands. I just laid down the guidelines and then let her go to work. Here were my hair issues:

1. I have no forehead. It's more of a two-head.
2. I have a widow's peak.
3. I'm not going to spend hours each day doing my hair, so it has to be easy care. But...
4. She had to show me three ways to style it or else it was just gonna get pulled back all the time.
5. I'm not a blonde. Ever.
GO!

First she decided I needed bangs. Although I was a bit nervous (I haven't had bangs since the fifth grade) I said why not - my hair philosophy is that it's grow back out. She asked if I wanted long side bangs (no, because once they get into my face I get irritated and pull them back, see #4) so she decided on "Betty" bangs (after pin-up Betty Page.)

Once the bangs were cut (they still looked awkward at this point because they wanted to go back in the ponytail) we talked color. She decided on a dark brown with red undertones to match my natural hair color (since I can be lazy about touchups) and then lots of thick red highlights all over.

Once color was done (and an eyebrow waxing, I usually do my own but it was a 'pamper me' day) she started cutting my hair. Well, razoring my hair, into choppy little ends. Then she straightened and texturized it. Then she showed me not three but FOUR ways to style it. And the result?



I love it! It's totally not something I would ever have picked out for myself but it looks so cool. The color is amazing and the bangs hide my widow's peak and make my forehead look larger! I feel hipper and fresher than I have in a long time and even got flirted with by the guy at the pizzaria when I picked up dinner (new hair, new confidence, isn't that funny?)

I'll try to post better pics later, but that is one I took last night (please forgive the "no makeup" look.) And if you are ever in a hair rut, call Marcy at Shag Me Salon (702-823-5446). Trust me, you can trust her!!!!

2 comments:

Maura said...

I love it!!!! You look fantastic!! And it looks like it will be easy to maintain. I can't wait to see the other pictures of the other styles.

I'm due for a hair appointment, too, so I'm going to call right after I post this. Thanks for inspiring me, you gorgeous hair goddess you!!

dyann hunter said...

I'm sooo jealous! It looks fabulous! I love Betty Page, too so you can't go wrong with those bangs. Adorable. Just adorable, Shae!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...