Monday, October 05, 2009

Things I'm So Sick Of

I'm getting really tired of a few things, so I'm going to get this off my chest. Feel free to add your own current peeves to the list!

John and Kate - Ugh! If I hear any more about these two morons I might just have to go postal. Does anyone besides me wish that CPS would take their kids away from them? Both of them need to learn to be responsible adults and quit airing all their dirty laundry in public. Stop acting more childish than your five-year-olds, get your act together and get some therapy for your kids, because they are going to need it! And while we are on the subject...

TLC - when did "The Learning Channel" become, as my mother calls it, "The Sideshow Network"? Shows about little people, families with dozens of kids, toddler beauty pageants and shows like "My Monkey Baby" (seriously, I can't make this up). I'm pretty sure it's only educational in the sense of what NOT to do!

Daily stories about the housing crisis - Is there anyone on the planet who doesn't know that the housing market is in the toilet? Do we seriously need daily reminders? It's bad, we get it, and not only do we get it, we're LIVING it! Enough already, at least make the gloom news weekly instead of daily. This goes for unemployment and slumping cars sales too.

Medication commercials - Okay, we need to ban pharmaceutical sales from television. Not only do I no longer want to hear about fibromyalgia, erectile disfunction, bladder control or cholesterol, but I also never, EVER want to hear the side effects of these medications again. I don't care how bad your nerve pain is, increased risk of suicidal thoughts or actions is not worth it. I also don't need to hear any more about priapism, vomiting, blurred vision, constipation or dry mouth. Remember the good old days when the doctor prescribed medication instead of the patient? Let's go back to that.

People who can't follow traffic laws - It's a law for a reason. For the safety and well being of ALL drivers. So quit running red lights, ignoring the 'right lane must turn right' signs, speeding through school zones, ignoring the right of way and all other gosh darned rude and illegal driving. We get it, you're life is far more important than ours is. But sooner or later you are going to hit someone or something and I don't want it to be me. You can be darned sure that these drivers are the ones complaining about the high cost of auto insurance and the litigious society we live in, but it's their danged fault. Stop it!

This is what's been bugging me lately. What's got a bee in your bonnet?

2 comments:

Maura said...

Right on Shae! Each of your peeves are mine as well.

I would add:
1 - Drama Queens who feel the need to ruin everyone else's day with their BS

2 - Mud-slinging politician commercials. Face it guys, you are all as crooked as a dog's hind leg.

3 - So called serious news shows whose top stories are about such non-issues as whether or not Brad and Angelina get married and how that affects their parenting skills. Really, folks, if they are sucky parents (or fantastic parents for all I know) exchanging wedding vows isn't going to change that either way.

dyann hunter said...

Ugh..the traffic law breakers are the worst here! And it seems to be getting worse. Every day I watch people turn right on "No Turn on Red" signals, run stop signs, and ride my tail! People have no consideration for anyone else...its all me me me... Sad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...