Monday, January 11, 2010

Week One Recap

Because Maura is inspiring me with her honesty, I'm posting my "diet log" for last week. I was at or under my calorie goal every day (except Sunday which is my "Free Day") I walked a mile each day four days last week. I wanted it to be six days but I'm not beating myself up over it. New week, new goal of at least 5 days - I'm still hoping for six but will be okay with five. This is aerobic walking which is more than just walking, it involves some strength training as well.

Okay, here is my week:

Monday
Omelette - one egg omelette with onions, green peppers, mushrooms, salsa and cheese.
1 cup 1% milk
16 cherries
1 cup homemade vegetable soup
1 Lean Cuisine frozen entree (the orzo pasta in it was bad so I didn't eat the whole thing)
1 cup popcorn (the new microwave popper we got is AWESOME, I'll post about it some other time)
1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
1 serving Antipasto pasta (the recipe is from Cooking Light and it is phenomenal. My mom said it is the best pasta she has ever eaten)
1 cup steamed broccoli
1 seville orange torta (it's like a cracker, got it from Whole Foods, so good)
1 mini cupcake (shared a package of three with Mom and the Graminator. Only 33 calories. I needed 10 more to be satisfied, but didn't)
1 glass iced herbal tea
64 ounces water

Tuesday
Omelette
1 cup 1% milk
1 cup popcorn
1-1/2 portion Spanish Tuna Salad (recipe from Cooking Light)
3 steamed beets
2 pieces ciabatta bread with butter (I didn't get lunch this day since I was out running errands so I ate extra bread at dinner instead)
2 marshmallows
1 cup low fat ice cream
1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
64 ounces water

Wednesday
egg toaster sandwich - 1 egg over easy, 1 slice low fat shaved ham, 2 pieces light bread, 1 tablespoon Cheez Whiz
1 cup 1% milk
1 cup homemade vegetable soup
1 slice thin crust tomato and cheese pizza
1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips
1 portion skinny buffalo chicken
1 portion skinny potato skins
1 cup cut up carrots, celery, radishes
1 oz low fat ranch dressing
1 snack pack pudding
64 ounces water

Thursday
omelette
1 slice light bread tasted with 1/2 tablespoon jam
1 cup milk
1/2 portion of leftover buffalo chicken and potato skins
1 marshmallow
1/2 cup fruit punch
1 glass iced herbal tea
1 serving canned healthy tomato soup
1 serving toasted turkey bacon guacamole sandwich (recipe in "Cook This, Not That" - so good!)
1 cup orange sherbet
64 ounces water

Friday
omelette
1 slice light toast with jam
1 cup 1% milk
1 cup homemade vegetable soup
1 slice thin crust tomato and cheese pizza
1 serving homemade bare burrito bowl (brown rice, pinto beans, lettuce, tomato topped with stir fried fajita chicken and bell peppers)
1 tablespoon sour cream
3 marshmallows
1 cup orange sherbet
64 ounces water

Saturday
omelette
1 slice toast with jam
1 cup 1% milk
1 bowl chicken noodle soup
2 flatbread crackers
2 marshmallows
1 cup bok choy salad
1 cup steamed thai eggplant
1 serving that beef with coconut rice (recipe in Everyday Food. My favorite go-to stir fry)
1/2 cup steamed snap peas
1/2 Newcastle Beer
1 cup low fat ice cream
64 ounces water

Sunday - my free day!
2 over easy eggs
1/2 slice ham
1 order home fries
1 order biscuits and gravy
1 Reese's candy bar
1 homemade hamburger
1 black and white cookie
1 can San Pelligrino Limonata
50 ounces water

Even though Sunday was my free day, I only went about 600 calories over my daily goal.

The result....week one, 8 pounds lost. (I know, cruel of me to make you read all that garbage for the payoff )

And now on to week 2!

2 comments:

Maura said...

Wow!!!! Eight pounds!! Good for you, girl! I'm so proud of you! Keep it up. You are AWESOME!!!!!!

I'm doing a little better this week by eating more but I still need to work on it. And I have to stop Larry in the kitchen. He made his fabulous baked ziti again this week and I only made a token attempt at stopping him. But I am definitely eating smaller portions. Small steps, but I'll get there!

Congratulations again!!!

dyann hunter said...

Holy COW!! That's great Shae! You're kicking butt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...