Friday, January 08, 2010

Words to Live By

I think too much. Way too much. Some days I wish I could just turn my brain off. And a lot of that thinking is negative, like why 'friends' don't answer emails or about disagreements that happened years ago. I dwell and obsess and make myself miserable. I know it's a flaw, but have a hard time not doing it (I'd love resolution in all areas of my life but that just ain't gonna happen.)

So when I saw this quote the other day, it struck a nerve and I copied it down, to look at occasionally and try to remind myself to just let things go. Easier said that done for 'she of the evil memory' but I'm trying.

"Finish each day and be one with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like that and I hope you do too, Loyal Readers. It is a new day, begin it well!

2 comments:

Maura said...

What a perfect quote! And I, too, really need to take it to heart. I thought maybe I was the only crazy person who dwelt on crappy incidents that happened years ago. They often seem to creep into my head just when I am ready to fall asleep...it is so frigging annoying. I just have a hard time letting it go. I guess it's hard for anyone who feels they have been wronged in one way or another. But we have to keep trying. It was bad enough that whatever it was that happened happened in the first place. Why relive it?

We can do it, Shae! We deserve to treat ourselves better than that. Rock on, sweetie, you are a terrific person.

Mamado said...

hey..please take some time view my blog..thanks alot...

http://mamado-lockerz.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...