Friday, January 01, 2010

My Life Resolved

Happy New Year everyone! I'm not sure if 2010 will be better than 2009 since I woke to extreme intestinal distress, which I hope is not a metaphor for 'this year will be S#%T' (hopefully it's more like 'don't eat assorted leftovers at one in the morning.)

I did terrible on my 2009 resolutions, having done so well on my 2008 resolutions. So maybe the lesson is to make resolutions that aren't about me? I could re-affirm the 2008 resolutions but since I pretty much follow them every day, I guess it wouldn't mean much. So I guess I'll make some serious ones again, but really try to follow them more. Here goes.

1. I will moisturize more. I live in the desert and my skin is starting to remind me of that fact. So wherever there is skin, there will be moisturizer!

2. I will promote Glitter City Sweets and the 'brand' more. The marshmallows are selling incredibly well, followed closely by the cookies so it may be time to dump some products and re-focus on other things.

3. I will update the GCS website at least every month and try to stay ahead of the seasons instead of rushing to catch up.

4. I will get back into a daily writing habit. I am first and foremost a writer and I'd better remember that if I ever want to get anywhere with it.

5. I will take advantage of every opportunity and potential opportunity that presents itself and exploit the hell out of it. I let too many things slip through my hands instead of making the most out of it. Not anymore. Be it writing, acting, comedy, business or whatever else I'm doing, I will maximize, Maximize, MAXIMIZE my opportunities.

6. I will try to stop being such a hermit. I will actually schedule those lunches I keep promising, I will call my friends 'just to talk' and I will not accept that Facebook is a substitute for real social interaction (ditto for texts and emails.) And I will see more than one movie in a theater this year.

In the spirit of the New Year, I am also joining in on Maura's "31 in 31", her annual de-clutter movement. (See the rules on her blog). If I start with the trunk of my car, I could hit my 31 in one day (but think I'll be truly ambitious and consider my car as one thing...okay, maybe two. Between my car and magazines, I should be done in less than a week.)

Oh yeah, there is also eating healthier, exercising more, blah, blah blah. 2010, here we come.

3 comments:

Maura said...

Great resolutions, Shae! Let's try to check in with each other at least once a week to see how we are doing. Maybe that will help us stay on track.

Glad to hear you are joining 31 in 31. Be sure to keep me posted on your progress. I am off to a good start so far. Remember those lighthouse glasses I wrote about a while ago? Well, I never did use them for some fruity cocktail over the summer so they are outta here!!

Maura said...

I forgot to tell you, regarding your 'go to the movies' resolution: RUN, don't walk, to go see The Blind Side. Larry and I went to see it on New Year's Day and we were both so glad we did. The film was wonderfully done from beginning to end and the story is absolutely amazing. It really makes you want to be a better person. It's something I am going to try and carry with me so whenever I think the world is a selfish, crappy place, I'll remember there really are people out there with loving, giving hearts.

dyann hunter said...

Great resolutions! So when are we going to have lunch or dinner or drinks? ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...