Monday, January 18, 2010

Week Two

Despite a challenging week (have you ever made 150 cupcakes without eating even one? I can now say that I have!) where I fell way short of my exercise goals, I lost a respectable two pounds. But I know I could have done better and am redoubling my efforts this week.

I think probably the most important thing for me is to remember that when you don't do as well as you want or you 'fall off the wagon', you need to continue right on with your plans and not make the little slips a permanent slide. I know I have been craving fast food like crazy and was so tempted, even trying to come up with ways to justify why I should have some. For some people they just call it will power and move on, but for those of us with compulsive eating issues, it isn't just will power. It's so much more complicated. But again, the point is to keep at it, moment by moment.

On the cleaning front, 31 in 31 is going really well. I got rid of dozens of magazines and cleaned out the Christmas sweaters from the trunk of my car, plus other accumulated junk in my car so I am up to 24, with still lots of time left. Who knows, I may exceed 31 in 31. Thanks Maura!

Orders are stacking up for Valentine's Day and I've got lots of orders to go out this week so I better get to the bakery. Have a great Martin Luther King Day, Loyal Readers!

1 comment:

Maura said...

Congrats, Shae! Two pounds is fantastic. Think of it this way, if you lose 2 pounds a week between now and summer time, that will be about 50 pounds. FIFTY! Just think how much better you will look and feel. So be proud of those two pounds! I know I'm proud of you. Especially as surrounded by all those goodies as you are. Just keep trying to resist and soon it will become more of a habit NOT to eat them.

I'm so glad to hear that your business is doing well for the holiday. Yay!!

Great job on 31 in 31! I'm pretty sure I'm going to exceed 31 this time, also. It's a good thing, too, because I think Larry might not make it this time. But he's trying so we'll see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...