Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Amigurumi

Amigurumi (ah-mee-goo-roo-mee)- it is the Japanese art of crocheting little stuffed things. A lot of times it's dolls or animals, but I have taken to making food (hmm, surprise, huh) and other inatimate objects.

So why would someone want to buy these things from me? I'm not sure, except they are cute and fun. They really serve no functional purpose. But who cares, I'm having fun making them and I hope that someone will have fun owning them.


An amigurumi potted plant. Never needs watering and never dies. It's practically maintenance free (occasional dusting maybe?)


An amigurumi apple a day keeps the amigurumi doctor away!


This one is my favorite. I just love the little amigurumi popcorn kernels. It's fat free...and like most fat free popcorn it doesn't taste very good. But it's still fun to look at.

Glitzy Kitsch debuts in 4 days!!!!

2 comments:

Maura said...

How fun! I just downloaded some free amigurumi patterns the other day. I'll let you know how they turn out. I'm more of a knitter than a croheter but I'm always looking for fun things to learn.

Once again, you amaze me....with everything else you've got going on, where do you find the time to do all these amazing crafts?!?!?!

Good luck with the debut!!!

Shae said...

Thanks Maura!
I want to learn to knit better (I only know the very basics and I'm not very good at that) but it's been fun making the crocheted stuff.

I do the crafts in the evening while I'm watching TV or at the bakery while I wait for something to come out of the oven. Of course it has cut down on my reading time :-( But I do find that the more I do the more time I have to do things, isn't that weird?

Wait till you see the jewelry we've been doing and the vintage stuff, that's SO much fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...