Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ups and Downs and Really Downs

So here is how the last week has gone.

Graminator is doing better, after I took her off some of the medication that as prescribed for her. It was an anti-seizure medication that they give as a precaution to all brain injured people. She didn't have any seizures but the medication was turning her into a walking vegetable. Seriously, if I had continued it for the full month as prescribed, I don't think there would have been any Graminator left. I'd rather she risk a seizure than be catatonic. Between a reduction in her medication and some physical therapy (I love her physical therapist, she's awesome and works Gram out very hard, which has made her much stronger) she is coming back to us, albeit very slowly. Now if I could just get her to eat. She is not eating very much, and only eating that due to us spoon feeding her or reminding her to eat every 20 seconds or so. If we didn't do that I do that I don't think she would eat anything at all. If anyone has any ideas on how to increase her appetite, I would LOVE to hear it!

I got a stinkin' summer cold. I had one at the end of June and wasn't quite over it when the Graminator went to the hospital. So a week after she was in the hospital I got another cold, this one much worse than the first. I've had it for two weeks now, and it shows very little sign of going away. It's now manageable, not miserable, but I;m still full of phlem and coughing. Then Tuesday I slept on my neck wrong and have been unable to move my head more than about thirty degrees in any direction. So much fun when I cough or sneeze because of the added neck pain. Yippee.

Glitter City Sweets now has a store on Etsy. I'm trying it out to see how it works before we launch Glitzy Kitsch. Sales have been good and I'm learning the tricks. It has meant double orders this week so I'm busier than normal. Plus trying to get everything photographed for the new store. And working on more things for both stores. So busy, but ultimately rewarding.

Plus this weekend is the 48 Hour Film Festival (You write, shoot, edit and complete a short film in 48 hours) and I'm in charge of writing this thing. We will get a genre, line of dialogue, character name and prop on Friday at 7pm and I'm supposed to have the script done by 9:30pm. There are lots of fingers in this pie, which could make it very difficult to distill into a single vision. But I'll do my best. It's been in the 112º to 114º range in Vegas so shooting should be lots of fun. Whomever decided that the Las Vegas event should be in July should be strung up mid-day outside to experience why this event should really be held sometime between November and March. Just sayin'.

Okay , gotta so get the Graminator ready to go have another CT scan of her brain, so see if the hematoma is getting smaller. Cross your fingers that it is good news and son she will be back to, well, as normal as can be expected. Thanks Loyal Readers and I'm hoping your lives are full and happy!

2 comments:

Maura said...

Glad the Graminator is doing better off that medication. I don't know any magic food eating tricks. When my aunt was sick the only thing that worked was coaxing as I spoon fed her. It sucks, but sometimes that's all that you can do.

I hope your cold goes away soon. I know it's hard for you with your busy schedule, but try to get some rest. That's the best medicine.

Good luck with the new business ventures. I'm so glad GCS is doing so well for you. Just think...I knew you when....

I can't wait to hear more about the 48 hour film festival. I went to the website after I read your post and watched a couple of the films. They were really good! I can't wait to see yours. Good Luck!

dyann hunter said...

You are a trooper, Shae! How do you deal with the Graminator when YOU have a cold? (By the way, I think summer colds are just plain wrong.)

I think Vegas should close during the summer. I hate doing anything when it's this hot besides sit around and drink something cool. That's awesome that you could complete the film though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...