Monday, December 22, 2008

The Final Push to Christmas


Okay, it's only four days to Christmas. Are you done with your shopping yet? Yeah, well, I hate you. No, not really, I love you Loyal Readers, but people who are done with their Christmas shopping in November, well, you bug me. How can you do that? The people I love are really hard to buy for and they never tell you what they want and AUGHHHHHH!

I'm really not that far behind. Except for a few little 'gag' presents, I'm done with everyone except The Graminator. What do you buy someone who doesn't need anything? She has been really tough to think of things for. Honestly, if she needs something I just go buy it. What's worse is that her birthday is in January and I'm going to go through this agony again in a few weeks.

This week the push is for the cooking. I'm making an appetizer buffet for Christmas eve and a big dinner for Christmas day. I'm thinking for the appetizer assortment I'll make sliders, deviled eggs, seven layer dip, buffalo chicken, and a couple of other things TBD. For Christmas dinner I'm making prime rib, Yorkshire pudding, roasted asparagus, Harvard beets, balsamic glazed carrots (with Will and Val putting in their famous garlic mashed potatoes) and for dessert, a chocolate fudge cheesecake, plus Will and Val are bringing an apple pie. Top it off with the loads of champagne that my Uncle Stuart brings. Sounds good, right? But I have to go to the store and buy all the stuff, prep it, cook, it, serve it, clean up after it. Ugh, I'm exhausted already and I haven't wrapped the presents, washed the good china or mopped the floors yet! Plus, at some point, the Graminator needs to be hosed down. Okay, maybe I need another week to get ready. Is this December 25th thing set in stone?

Now I need to go sort through my recipes and make some lists, check them twice, and get my butt in gear. Hope your day is a little more relaxed than mine!

2 comments:

Maura said...

I don't know how you do it. You are amazing.

Your menu sounds amazing. If I ever get to Vegas, I am definitely going to "just happen" to drop by your house at dinner time. :)

Have fun with your family and have a terrific holiday!

Shae said...

Maura, if you ever get to Vegas, I will have a dinner party in your honor!

I am so not amazing, I just like to eat and that led to liking to cook. In my 'someday' world I'll have a huge kitchen and entertain more. But for now my family has to put up with my holiday cheer.

Amd most of my menu will be prepped tomorrow an just reheated on Christmas so I can spend more time with the family (and opening up presents!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...