Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Living the Dream

Okay, maybe it's not the full dream (that involves a boatload of money and Ben Affleck) but I got a glimpse of my dream yesterday during the second read through of "The Vegas Show", a comedy pilot we are shooting in September. While the script writing is collaborative (as most TV shows are) this second script is mostly mine (just because it hadn't been run through the mill yet, so to speak) so it was awesome to hear the read through and the laughs (in the right places!) People liked the script and thought it flowed well and was nicely paced and didn't have a lot to add, which made me feel really good. Again, I can't take credit for the whole thing but a lot of it was 'my baby' so I was really pleased to hear it out loud.

We are working with some really talented actors on this project. Nathan Ferrier and Elly Brown came on board for this show and I can't say enough good things about them. It is so nice to work with actors who come prepared and ready to work. They are really awesome.


Elly is a dancer/singer/actress who can currently be seen in "Jubilee". She's gorgeous and talented and I would really hate her if she wasn't so gosh darned nice and terrific to be around. Seriously, she's a great talent and eager to learn film making (and she's a good sport too, she was right there in the blazing heat helping out on the "Brick Morgan" shoot.)


Nathan is a really talented actor. Honestly, he needs to be in LA. Casting directors take note. While Nathan is extremely good looking, he's not just a pretty boy. He is really dedicated to his craft, is always prepared, takes direction well and I think he has what it takes to be a leading man or a great character actor. And to top it off, he's a nice guy. (Back away slowly ladies, he has a girlfriend. I know, I know, all the good ones are taken.) It's so neat to work with him because he makes my material look good.

We also have the honor of working with Zach Freeman and Eddie Deirmenjian on this show. It's going to be really cool. I can't wait. Well, I can wait, but only because I don't want to shoot in 112 degree heat. But regardless of the temperature, this show is going to be HOT!

2 comments:

Maura said...

That's great, Shae. I'm very happy for you. It's always such a good feeling when you see your hard work pay off. And I'm glad you are getting to work with nice, talented people. That can make all the difference in the world in any endeavor.

I can't wait to see "The Vegas Show." When and where will it air? And I am still hoping to see "Supermodels" sometime.

And be sure to let me know when and how you realize the Ben Affleck dream....I have one of those myself....

Shae said...

Hey Maura-
I know, I am so behind on my mailings of "Supermodels", I so have to make a post office run. I'm just lazy, sorry. I have a batch that needs to go out, hopefully I'll get to them next week.

We are hoping to sell "The Vegas Show" as a pilot to a network like Comedy Central so I'm not sure when it will be available for public viewing. (Keep your fingers crossed!)

I've had the Ben dream for a long time...I gave up when he married Jennifer Garner. But I heard they are having marital problems, so maybe I'll have a chance after all (hey, it could happen, granted, in some alternate universe where Ben liked big girls...)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...