Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blog Neglect - Guilty!

Sorry I have been so neglectful of you, Loyal Readers. I have been so busy getting Glitter City Sweets ready to launch. A new business means experimenting (achieving both success and failure) and I have been using the time off from movie making (but I still went to visit the set this week) to get stuff experimented with.

My cousin Marc was a little difficult to get a hold of to help me with my website so I went the DIY approach. I'm using a site builder that came with the web hosting service I'm using. It has been a trial (I learned to save, save, save my data because it has no draft auto save function which I learned the hard way, multiple times). I didn't like the shopping cart that came with my site so I had to research other options, set up my merchant account, etc., etc., etc. I don't want to bore you with the gory details! I think it's good that I built the site myself since then I'll be able to edit and update it without assistance.

I did need help with one bit of code and since my cousin was reluctant to help me (he hates site builders), I had to beg my friends for a bit of help. Mark, one of the producers on the movie, said he would help me. What I need him to help me with probably won't be on the site when it first goes live, which bums me out a bit, but fairly shortly afterward it should be running.

I also needed a place to put my 'edible ink' dedicated printer so my mom and I cleaned and organized the spare room to use as a mini office/craft room for the two of us. I feel a little like Hitler in '38, invading Poland and Hungary. First I took over the garage, now the spare room. Next up, whole house domination!

Today will be spent working on a couple of products so I can photograph them and put the pictures on the website. Again, I'm hoping to put it into beta test next week so I feel a bit of pressure to get a lot done in a short amount of time (sure it's self-induced, but I think sometimes that self-induced pressure is the worst.) And of course I can't neglect The Graminator so I have to do things in spurts.

I will try not to be so neglectful, wonderful Loyal Readers. Once the site is up and running (and just waiting for orders to pour - or trickle - in) I will have more time for my writing again. I'm anxious to get back to Shelby and her exploits, I got an itchy writing finger! Okay off to make sweets. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Maura said...

No worries, Shae. I've been way guilty of blog neglect, too. I actually have some topics I want to write about but I know I won't get to it until sometime next week. Right now I am a victim of the old "when it rains it pours" syndrome, a phenomenon with which I know you are intimately acquainted!

Good luck with the website - I can't wait to see it. And I am looking forward to reading more about Shelby, too!

dyann hunter said...

I love the name of your business. It's so cute! I can't wait to see the site. If you need anyone to write a testimony for you, I will! :-) Actually, I may have some work for you mid-July. I will be hosting a wedding shower for a co-worker and I would love to have some of your products to give out. And with your business cards :-)

Shae said...

That's a deal Dyann, and you get the "Friends and Family" discount!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...