Thursday, January 15, 2009

Little Miracles

Sometimes life can really get you down and you don't know how to keep going. I have known some incredible women who have faced incredible odds and challenges in their lives and came through it stronger and with more heart than ever before. It's hard for me to understand how they do it, I'm not sure I have that kind of strength, but they are a source of inspiration for my life.

One, of course, is my mom. Losing her husband then battling aggressive breast cancer was tough on her but she gets up every day and she never feels sorry for herself. She is my hero.

I knew a woman who lost her son to SIDS, then out of grief her husband committed suicide. I don't know how anyone has the resiliency to come through that with a positive outlook on life, but she did. Amazing.

Finally, there is my friend Lindsay. I have known Lindsay since she was a teenager, working at the law firm I used to work at. I saw her graduate from high school, go to college, get married and have her first baby. Gavin was an amazing little boy but due to health issues from birth his incredible life was cut short. During that time, and every day since, Lindsay and her husband Jason and their families displayed such powerful strength and faith that I was awed. Their faith teaches them that families are for eternity and I know that they have drawn great comfort in knowing that they will be with their little 'bug' again. I can only imagine how hard it was, and what they had to endure, the horrible pain and heartbreak of losing a child but Lindsay's face has always shown the inner peace, serenity and beauty of a woman who has faith in her Heavenly Father and his plan for her life. I was so grateful that her faith gave her such comfort, and honestly, a bit jealous. I wish I knew that kind of faith.

Reading Lindsay's blog has been a study in hope, and today there was a post that made my heart smile. A little miracle.


Welcome to the world, Jack Jason Bailey. You are already more beloved than you can imagine. You have wonderful parents who would do anything for you, and an extended family so happy and grateful for your arrival. Plus a special big brother who is watching out for you. How lucky can one little boy be?

Congratulations Lindsay and Jason. You deserve this miracle. And congratulations to the Mortensen and Bailey families as well, I know how happy you all will be. Happy Birthday Jack, and welcome to the world!

2 comments:

Maura said...

There is nothing greater than a new baby. I hope Jack and his family share many happy and fun filled years together.

Lindsay said...

thank you for your sweet post. We all get miracles every now and then. :) Take care!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...