Thursday, February 12, 2009

Maybe Instead of Johnny Cash, He Should Have Sung Patsy Cline...Crazy

Sorry I haven't written much this week, I have been working my little fingers to the bone writing other projects. But I had to share this video with you. I don't know much about being a celebrity (yet) but I'm pretty sure this is what NOT to do when you are on The David Letterman Show. Please, Jaoquin, get some help. You don't want to pull a River.



Don't mess with Letterman, that's all I'm saying. Worldwide Pants can be your best friend (ask Bonnie Hunt) or your worst enemy (ask Farrah Fawcett.) Personally, I want to stay on Dave's good side.

Lot's of people think this was a hoax, a la Andy Kaufman. I hope for Joaquin's sake it was, but if it was, it so wasn't funny. And if I was one of the producers on the film he was promoting, I'd be pissed. Yuck it up on your own time, but don't disrespect the film you are in, that clearly Letterman thought was good. I think he was on something, but that's because I never thought he was that great an actor to begin with (don't shoot the messenger. It's just my opinion.)

2 comments:

dyann hunter said...

I heard about this and listened to a few snippets. What a dud! I actually like Juaquin as an actor. He was amazing in Quills, but outshined by Geoffrey Rush. Still, I hope he's not looney.

Maura said...

I, too, hope he's not nuts. I liked him in Walk the Line and Signs. He was great in Gladiator. And he was absolutely fantastic in that movie with Nicole Kidman. I can't think of the name of it but it was the one where she wanted to be a big time new journalist and wound up hiring some high school kids to kill her husband because he was standing in her way. It was based on a true story. He was pretty young in that one but he gave a killer (pardon the pun) performance.

At least Letterman was able to work with it and give some good one liners.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...