Monday, April 14, 2008

Back on Track


Okay, so I have been home a week now and I think I'm finally back on track. It's tough to be gone so long and it was really tough not to write anything for that long and then get back into the swing. I am only two weeks away from the deadline for the Nicholl Fellowship which means I only have a week really to get "Arnie" in ship shape. The deadline for the Disney Fellowship appears to be June first so I have only six weeks to write a spec television script. Hey, I work best under pressure, right?

I wrote several new sketches for Smidgits this week, including collaborating on a new movie spoof called "Brick Morgan" which will shoot in two weeks and my homage to the ninja genre called "Blind Date with a Ninja" that should shoot in three weeks depending on the availability of the Ninja. It felt really good to write and have my stuff read by the cast and crew. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I also came up with two new movie ideas. I'm firing on multiple cylinders now!

For those that were wondering, my mom and grandma survived my New Mexico adventure, although the freezer is bare as apparently they ate lots of TV dinners while I was gone. I did all of the cooking last week as my mother has been working lots of hours at the bread store (who knew the discount bread biz was so demanding!) I'm still planning this weeks menu but I thank gosh I'm back in the land of Fresh & Easy. And my B.J. gave me a hug and welcomed me back, isn't that nice? I just love that store. Please support your local Fresh & Easy, I want them to do well.

If anyone is interested, I'm hoping to catch "CJ7" at the movies this week. It's the new film from Steven Chow of Kung Fu Hustle fame. Love him, think this one looks pretty good. If you want to go with me, let me know. Hope to see some of my loyal readers soon. Love to you all and now it's time to get a writin'! Love to you all.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...