Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Gainfully Unemployed (Again)

So, I was hoping that the new 'job' was going to be the ideal situation..,working from home, a few hours a week, data entry type stuff. But honestly, they need a full time bookkeeper. So, while I had a great time with Bill in New Mexico, I called it quits when I could see that it wasn't going to be be what I needed and I wasn't going to be what they needed. It was an amicable parting and I hope they find a crackerjack bookkeeper to help them out because it's a really great company.

Sometimes I wonder why things happen in life (don't we all). I look at situations and try to figure out what the 'lesson' for my life was. I think the job taught me to focus on what I really want, which is writing, not bookkeeping. I got sidetracked a bit while I was in New Mexico and I now realize that I need a lot of focus to make my dreams come true. I have to give as much attention to my new career as I would any other job. In order to accomplish my goals I have to be as dedicated an employee to myself as I would be for anyone else. Important lesson for the 'year of writing dangerously'.

I am also grateful for the strengthening of my relationship with Bill. While I always felt we were great friends before, living and working together for three weeks really taught me about who he is and what he's about and I admire him greatly. Plus he's a great conversationalist, a thoughtful friend and an awesome singer. You are an inspiration Bill, and I thank you. I know that everything will work out as it should for your life but I can't help but selfishly wish an itty, bitty bit that you come back to Vegas.

So I leave the safety net I though this part time job would bring me, a little financial easement for my path. It's going to be rough but then I never thought this choice was going to be easy to begin with. Achieving ones dreams is rarely easy though, I guess. But some of the greatest experiences of m life have been when I just closed my eyes and jumped. So here I go. Wheeeee.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...