Monday, April 07, 2008

I'm HOME!!!!!!


Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home.

I'm home from my New Mexico adventure and it was wonderful to sleep in my own bed. I got home and hugged my dog, my mom and my grandma. (Yes, in that order but only because my Grandma didn't run into the yard to greet me, tail wagging.)

I will miss the guys I was working with, the no crowds on the road and the ice cream. But I'm so glad to be in a place with multiple grocery stores, a Target and my family. And I am so happy to be home and writing again!!!!!! New Mexico was full of twelve hour days and no writing time, ugh. Back to work (the work I love and was meant to do.)

I will really miss Bill. We had a lot of thoughtful and intelligent conversations and I had an awesome time with him (although my calves are still killing me after our zillion mile hike through Carlsbad Caverns on Saturday). It was great to hang out with someone who shared my love of barbecue, ice cream and books. Plus he is always singing and it's cool to hear someone who truly loves music (he also plays guitar and I liked hearing him practice.) And he's such a good guy he let me have sole custody of the remote control and he contained (mostly) his disdain for my watching Big Brother and has decided to not hold my plebeian television viewing habits against me. I love you Bill and I wish for you all the happiness you deserve. Thanks for making my stay infinitely more enjoyable. And not many guys would willingly watch Pride and Prejudice with me, thanks!

Today I have a list of chores a mile long to get my life back to 'normal'. I should be back to blogging daily. Thanks for sticking with me, loyal readers.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...