Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Must Be Crazy


Okay, I know I'm insane, but with encouragement from my fellow writers, Maura and Dyann, I signed up for NaNoWriMo (short for National Novel Writing Month.) The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in thirty days. That's 1,667 words a day. In November. When shooting of Vegas Schmegas will take up no less than six full days just for photography, Thanksgiving will take up at least two days and my nervous breakdown will take at least a week. What was I thinking?

Actually, what I was thinking is that something needs to kick my writing in the butt and maybe this is it. I have been so focused on taking care of The Graminator and day to day life concerns that my writing has suffered and if I want my sabbatical to be a success then I need to actually put the car in drive and go for it. I love my family but I gotta do something.

The only problem with NaNoWriMo is that I already feel behind and I haven't even started yet. We start shooting on November 1st and that's the day NaNoWriMo starts. I guess I'll take a notebook on set with me and try to write between shots. I'm not only producing this weekend but also 1st A.D. and acting (but I'm playing a dealer and I only have one line). Let's just say it's going to be a hectic weekend.

Any and all support is welcome. And donations of Prozac and Valium are greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

dyann hunter said...

I think you're crazy. But then, I'm crazy too, so not only are you in good company, but you're just darn swell in my opinion ;-)

What's your name on NANO? I'll request you as a buddy!

Shae said...

What else? Fnnygrl

Maura said...

I read somewhere, maybe even in the NaNo handbook, that if you want something done ask a busy person to do it. I think this is so true. Lately I have had a lot of free time and I don't seem to get a lot accomplished. I was looking forward to the deadline of NaNo to move me forward. And now it looks like I am going to be starting a new assignment for work so my free time is about to become limited (can you say Murphy's Law?). Anyway, here's to you, Dyann, my sister Noreen, and me. May we all remain sane by the end of November and may we all be praising each other as we cross that 50,000 word mark! We can do it!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...