Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wish List

I have no idea what to post about today and I'm feeling pretty uncreative (I think it's the lack of food) so I'm just going to post my wish list, of things I'm wishing for.

1. I wish the election were already over so there wouldn't be any more television ads, phone calls and people knocking on my door trying to get my vote.
2. I wish I could make my grandma better.
3. I wish I had enough money to make my family comfortable.
4. I wish the foods that are 'good' for you tasted as good as the foods that are 'bad' for you.
5. I wish exercise wasn't a chore. Ditto for dieting.
6. I wish that houses cleaned themselves.
7. I wish they would stop telling people that their television sets will stop working on February 17th because they won't, they just won't receive an analog signal any more.
8. I wish Jon Porter would stop those "Tax-us" ads against Dina Titus. She's from Georgia, you moron.
9. I wish the body shop would fix my mom's car quickly.

But as my Dad used to say to me when I was a kid, "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride." Of course, I always wondered why in the heck beggars would want a horse, wouldn't they wish for money or something useful? Oh well.

2 comments:

Maura said...

May all your wishes come true!!! You deserve them all.

And if you are still feeling a lack of creativity, try the "I remember" exercise. Start an essay with those two words and pick something from your past and just go for thirty minutes. I did it recently about the park we used to go to when I was a girl and it really got the creative juices flowing. Plus it brought back a lot of happy memories. I didn't want to stop after thirty minutes. I may try it again myself this afternoon.

dyann hunter said...

LOL....I saw "exercise" in Maura's post and immediately moved on. I had to go back and re-read because I thought she meant REAL exercise...the stuff with weights and treadmills :-) Shows you how much I want to do all that stuff.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...