Monday, October 06, 2008

Making a Real Effort

Okay, so I have been lazy. Oh, I know that I have a lot going on and it's very easy to use that as an excuse for not getting things done but the fact of the matter is that if I organized myself a little better I could accomplish more.

Val asked me yesterday to be her Maid of Honor. That means I need to fit into a dress and not embarrass myself or my brother and his new wife in their wedding pictures. For any one who doesn't know my 'fat assed saga', I have always been 'fluffy" (doesn't that sound cuter than fat? Like I'm filled with creamy nougat or something..) A few years ago I started working out and eating healthy and I lost 55 pounds. Then I stopped exercising and started eating crap again and gained back 54. But I know it's not healthy for me to to be sedentary (my eating habits are now actually quite good, since I have to cook for more than just myself and I've stopped eating fast food again.) I'd like to lose 30 pounds by the wedding (which is in seven months so that's totally do-able). So I got out my in-home walking DVDs and I'll start walking two miles a day again and trying to work out on the Wii Fit for twenty minutes three or four times a week. That should boost my metabolism and if I cut out eating dessert (except on Sundays when the constant cupcake testing occurs) I should be able to drop the weight I want and get into better shape. I'm also playing a dominatrix in a skimpy outfit in a month for Vegas Schmegas so losing a few pounds before then won't kill me.

I've also been slacking on my writing but that's going to change too. Yes, The Graminator needs constant supervision but there are four computers in this house, two of which are laptops so there really isn't any excuse. Yes, I like working on my Mac the best but sometimes you just have to suck it up. Dyann and Maura have both finished their novels and if I want to do the same I really have to put the work in. It will only benefit me in the long run. (CONGRATULATIONS DYANN!!!!!!!) I'd like to finish it this month but with pre-production really gearing up for the VS shoot, I'm going to cut myself some slack and say by the end of November. If I finish early, great. But that's my 'deadline'. I have other stories that need to be told and I can't write them until this one is out of me. So I gotta just do it.

I have about a zillion other projects that I need to start or finish or both. No more excuses, no more delays. The rest of my life starts today and I've got to make it a good one. When I finish my life story, I want to know that I did everything I could, not just sat around and daydreamed it!

2 comments:

dyann hunter said...

Right on, sista! Congrats on Maid of Honor, too! I know you'll look wonderful in your dress AND in that Dominatrix outfit :-) Funny, you mention all this when I'm sitting here with my Coke, telling myself I'm done with all this fast food and lack of exercise crap. Too bad you can't leave the house or I'd come over and walk with you!

Oh and thanks for the mojito offer. I'm past the stress for now.

Maura said...

I, too, need to get on the "get in shape" bandwagon. I lost twenty pounds last year and this year I put ten of them back on. I have been running a little but I have been allowing the schedule to be too sporadic. And I won't even talk about how I have been eating!

So now I am extra motivated. Let's all cheer each other on in that regard, too. It's helped us with our writing so maybe it will help us to get a few pounds off.

Thirty pounds in that time frame is totally doable, Shae, so you go for it! I am going to try and at least get the ten pounds I gained back off by the end of the year. And if I get a little extra off by then, all the better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...