Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting Crafty

This period in my life has been all about doing it myself and learning. I have been making a lot of things for various projects in my life.

This weekend I made my bouquet for the wedding. I decided to do mine first so that if I screwed it up it wasn't the bride's. It still needs a couple of flowers and some cherry blossoms strewn throughout but I think it's really pretty. I hand tied the bottom and accented with pearls, what do you think? (You can click on each picture to see more detail.)

I also made necklaces with those cherry blossom silver charms I ordered from Thailand. This is a picture of mine, the bride's is on illusion chain accented with just a silver spacer and pearl on either side, so it will sort of 'float' at the base of her throat.


In addition to prepping for the wedding (just 19 days away) and the movie (just 24 days away) I'm trying to start this cookie favor business. Because there is some competition out there, I want my cookies to be as unique as possible. So I am learning how to make my own cookie cutters. As a trial, I want to make Las Vegas sign cookies for Will and Val's wedding (like I'm not doing enough already!) so I made a Las Vegas sign cookie cutter. I think it turned out pretty good, what do you think? Of course, the proof is in the pudding, or in this case cookie, so I'll know how it worked when I bake a batch of cookies this afternoon.


Okay, I'm off to bake cookies, decorate some Christmas sweaters, memorize my lines, oh, and hopefully get some writing done!

2 comments:

Maura said...

Geez Louise! Is there anything you can't do?!?! The bouquet and necklace look fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing the ones you do for the bride.

GREAT idea for the cookies. Talk about being able to flex your creative muscles... with all those wacky signs out there you'll be making new cookie cutter shapes mixing up colored frosting like mad! Way to go, girl!

dyann hunter said...

You so crazy!! That necklace is to die for..

And the cookie cutter looks darn good! You're on your way to makin' boatloads of money.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...