Monday, April 06, 2009

When It Rains, It Pours

No, this post isn't about rainy weather - there is no such thing in Las Vegas, and if there was the phrase would actually be "when it rains, it floods". I'm actually referring to how busy life can be sometimes and it always comes in a deluge, instead of a slow steady sprinkle. Why is that?

Last week was busy. This week is busy. Usually I have nothing more important than looking after The Graminator. And I'm already behind on Script Frenzy. Maybe it wasn't the best time when I'm prepping for the wedding and a movie shoot in 30 days.

I really want to work on cookies but there are things that are trying to vie for precedence. Thursday was the blocking rehearsal for the movie (this movie is going to be soooooo funny!) Friday we had our final fittings for our dresses for the wedding (mine zipped up easier, but I still need to lose another 3 pounds). Saturday we had a trial run through with the girl who is going to do our hair and makeup for the wedding (see picture below) the very nice Marcy from 'Shag Me' salon (the former Curl Up and Dye salon by UNLV.) It was fun, but it took FOREVER! Mine only took a short while but Val took forever, so they could get just the right style for the wedding (which makes sense because she is the bride.) I thought it would just be a couple of hours but we were there for like four and a half hours. It's a funky salon and they let us watch movies so it wasn't too bad. I had just hoped to get some other errands done as well. Marcy was cool and she gave me some great advice for finding makeup for the movie. We are shooting in High Definition, which magnifies every imperfection. Marcy told me that they now have makeup specifically for HD filming and that they sell it at Sephora. So add that to my list of things to do, because I want to look good in the movie (well, as good as possible anyway.)

Sunday we went to India's Grill for lunch since my brother said he was willing to try Indian food. He decided he wasn't a big fan although he did like the chicken tikka and basmati rice. But he gets bonus points for trying. Meanwhile the waitress and proprietors remembered us from our previous visit and came to talk to us again. Mom and I got the lunch buffet this time (a true bargain at $9.95) and it was so good. I can't even remember all of the choices but the fish curry, chilli chicken, chicken korma and multitude of vegetable dishes were awesome. And I could have all the kheer (rice pudding) that I wanted - the waitress even pointed it out to me, since she remembered how much I liked it last time. I even got a 'high five' as we left from the chef, Freddie. (I love family owned places where your business is truly appreciated). Then mom and I hung some curtains to make sure we like them. They are beautiful and I can't wait to post pictures when the redecorating is complete. We picked a paint color and tomorrow we are going on another shopping expedition for more accessories.

This week? Shopping. Cookies. Making the wedding bouquets and decorating the flip flops. A run to Sephora for Blu-Ray makeup. Oh, and let's throw in some writing too, okay? Blast off for all the events is May first, so 24 days and counting!

Okay, here are the hair/makeup test pictures. What do you think? This is the 'normal picture". The big flower will actually be 2 smaller flowers for the wedding.




And the '09 edition of iLife has a feature where you can put a background behind you. With the flower I felt tropical, so I put myself in an island oasis. If I can't go on vacation for real....well, I can go in fantasy!

2 comments:

Maura said...

You look great! I can't wait to see the pics from the actual wedding day.

And hang in there, the end is in sight. Once the wedding is done that will be a big load off your plate.

I still have to say I don't know how you do it. I get tired just reading about all the stuff you do!

dyann hunter said...

I second that Maura. I thought I was feeling beat...now, I'm more than exhausted.

At least most of it is FUN stuff :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...