Friday, April 24, 2009

My Train of Thought Hasn't Left the Station

Sorry I've been too busy to write, Loyal Readers, with the wedding a week from tomorrow it's been hectic around here. Plus my fabulous friend Tina came and took some great shots of my cookies for the website. And a meeting for the YP movie. (We need extras for scenes on certain days, please email me if you live in Las Vegas and want to be in a movie!)

Yesterday I finished a video I made for the wedding, just a sentimental little piece to play on the shuttle going to the ceremony site. It made my mom cry, so I guess it worked. I'll play it here after the wedding but here are a couple of pictures of the happy couple.


This is my brother. I love this picture because this is exactly how adorable he was as a child. He looks like the All-American little boy.


And he's marrying the All-American little girl. Wasn't Val a cute kid?

And here they are today. I like this picture because they look so happy together. And isn't that what marriage is all about?



I'll be honest, the video made me a little misty too. My baby brother is all grown up. I hope he knows how much I love him and how much I value our friendship. I think that no matter how close you are in other relationships, siblings are special, because they were there the whole time you were growing up. They saw the molding and shaping process, they know and understand you in a way that no one else can. I'm tearing up now. Uh, oh, I think I'd better practice my maid of honor speech a lot or I'm gonna cry at the reception and ruin my makeup!

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Chan said...

Crying and runny make-up IS the tradition.

Stick to the script but PLEASE blubber and cry a river!

Sheesh.

Traditioooooooon, tradition, tra dih shun, tradishooooooooon...

dyann hunter said...

Aww how cute AND sweet :-)

Shae said...

Chan-
Now you have me singing "Fiddler on the Roof" (hmm, maybe I should have put "Sunrise, Sunset" in the video!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...