Monday, April 27, 2009

Starting My Nervous Breakdown Early

Okay, I know this is supposed to be an "entertaining blog" (notice how I put that in quotes, because many will quibble with its actual entertainment value) but today I'm going to use it to organize my thoughts about all I need to get accomplished this week. Forgive me please, but I'm stressing to the max an I'm hoping that seeing it in print will help me out.

Monday - cut and glue all 80 cupcake wrappers (hmm, I should make some extra, just in case), finish details on brides bouquet, laundry, laundry, laundry, finish painting last of the gumpaste blossoms.

Tuesday - shop for all cupcake and frosting ingredients, get the large fondant rolling pin (50% off coupon for it at Joann's), mop the floors (company's coming!), get containers to transport cake/cupcakes, get that stuff that grips your dishes to line trunk of car so cupcakes don't slide around, go to Mickey D's and steal some straws for cake supports, get fresh batteries for camera, charge video camera battery.

Wednesday - Bake wedding cake and crumb coat, decorate cake stand, clean out the car so it's packable (giving it a wash wouldn't hurt), make an emergency kit for weekend (scissors, glue, thread, needle, valium), work on speech.

Thursday - bake cupcakes (pineapple, coffee, chocolate and cherry graham), prepare tiramisu filling, make buttercream, ice wedding cake, cover wedding cakes with fondant, pack bag for Friday/Saturday at hotel (do not forget necklace!), put favors into car, pack corsages, boutonnieres, bouquets and flower girl basket for transport, don't forget the flip flops, cake stand and anything else that can spend the night in the car (like the fabric to drape the gazebo and the extra cherry blossoms).

Friday - make frostings (coconut, light cocoa, dark chocolate, cheesecake), ice cupcakes, do final decoration of wedding cake, pack cupcakes and wedding cake for transport, pack up the cherry blossoms for cupcakes and emergency frosting, put dresses and bag in car, double, then triple check to make sure you have everything like cameras, the video for the shuttle (do all this by noon), wait for Val, go to BC to hotel to drop everything off, check in with Candice, go over everything with her, check out kitchen for cupcake storage and where to put blossoms on for Saturday, put stuff in rooms, go to mani/pedi appointment, meet Will at museum at 4pm to decorate wedding area, back to hotel to change for dinner, get to restaurant for rehearsal dinner by 6:20, be charming and wonderful hostess at dinner, get back to hotel to collapse (after making sure bride is settled in okay), try to sleep.

Saturday- Get up, get Val up, get Val light, protein packed breakfast, Marcy will arrive for hair and makeup at 8:30, after she sets my hair she'll start on Val's hair and makeup, go to kitchen and apply blossoms to cupcakes, check with Candice, go back to Val's room to finish makeup, when Will gets to hotel give him key to my room to change, get ring and keys to convertible from him, make sure he has video and instructions for shuttle (hug and cry at your baby brother getting married), get dressed, get Val dressed, make sure you have everything (bouquets, etc.) get to museum by 12:15 to 'hide' Val from guests, ceremony at 1 (that's in G~d;s hands) relax and enjoy, because if it isn't done by now, it ain't gonna happen. Make sure no guests are left behind for shuttle back to hotel. Let Graminator take a nap if necessary. Laugh, cry, dance and have fun with everyone at reception. Elope if you ever get married.

I'm pretty sure I have forgotten a ton of stuff but at least I have a jumping off point (a large bridge to jump from might help.) I have decided to cover the wedding cake in fondant, because a) I'm not sure I can get buttercream that smooth and b) it will hold up better outside where the cake table is. I did a 'test' on Saturday, so here is a preview of what the wedding cake will look like (note that I used styrofoam cake dummies and I didn't cover the bottom layer because I didn't want to waste the fondant.) I think it's going to look nice.


And I previewed the video I made for Will and Val. They both liked it and teared up, so I guess it's okay. My mom watched it for the third time and still cried.

Okay, I gotta go start all this stuff. Please forgive me, Loyal Readers, if blogging this week is non-existent after Wednesday. But I promise lots of stories and pictures of the majesty that will be the White/Wilhite wedding!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...