Friday, March 14, 2008

Garden Update


So here is an update on the garden. I planted tomatoes, basil, sage, thyme, lavender and mint and am still looking for parsley, cilantro and pepper plants. It was far more difficult to find herbs than I expected. But after getting really dirty digging in my little plot I got them in. The tomato plants already have some tomato blossoms so I'm hoping for a good crop. I have my "Master Gardener" mother looking after them while I'm gone and today we are shopping for the right fertilizers. (Apparently we want one fertilizer for the herbs because we want leaf growth and a different one for the tomatoes because there we want fruit growth...who knew?)
By the way, working in the garden is good exercise...my 'squat' muscles tell me so!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...