Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday?

Happy Good Friday everyone, even though I think it's a really misnamed holiday. I don't think it was a very good day for Jesus when he got crucified. Yeah, I know, he was dying for our sins and all that. Still, that Friday had to pretty much suck for him.

Speaking of the Easter holiday, there are a lot of churches in Cloudcroft, New Mexico where I am staying. By a lot I mean there are six churches in a town of less than eight hundred people. That's quite a few. I might not be in the bible belt, but I think I'm in a belt loop at least. Last night the Methodist Church had a 'living last supper' and I keep wondering what they served. I'm not a regular churchgoer (although I don't burst into flame when I cross the threshold of a church or anything) but there is a very pretty little Catholic church just a few blocks from where I am staying and I think I might head there for Easter Mass. Their stained glass windows are 'nature themed', I'll have to take a picture. It's unusual to see a stained glass window with a deer head on it.

Anyway, to all of those loyal readers celebrating the Easter holiday, I wish you a happy one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...