Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Little Work


My plan for the 'year of writing dangerously' was to live on my meager savings and depend on the kindness of strangers until I could sell something. But, as they say, plans were meant to be changed. A friend and former colleague offered me a job that I can do part time and from home. Yes, I can still work in my pajamas. (Some day I'll turn the webcam on and scare you all but maybe I'll wait for Halloween). It's my hope that this part time employment will mean that perhaps I can stretch the 'year of writing dangerously" out a bit and not use my saving for a while. But, while the job will be from home, I am going to New Mexico for two weeks to help them get everything set up and running.

I'm hoping there will be some downtime while I'm in New Mexico. I'll be in Alamogordo and the White Sands Film Festival is going on while I'm there. It's not too far from Alamogordo to Roswell, NM. While I'm not a UFO freak, I am a huge fan of kitch and I want to go visit.

I hope you all won't think of this as selling out, I wasn't looking for a job but when one fell in my lap that would let me hold off on using up my savings it just seemed prudent to take it, especially one that I can do from home. I promise it won't interfere with my writing, my new boss understands that the writing comes first.

I'm leaving for Alamogordo on Sunday and I'm taking my laptop with me so I'll try to post while I'm there. I'm also taking my cameras with me so I'll post pictures and I'm hoping to make a short little film about the trip.

ADDITION: I tried to insert the same picture of Roswell that I did yesterday and just as I hit the insert button my computer shut down the same way it went dead when I tried it on the Mac. Spooky.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...