Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My Dream Job


If you get a chance, check out Christopher Lawrence's column on Mondays in the Las Vegas Review-Journal. It's a TV lovers dream. He's a television critic. Yes, he gets to watch television FOR A LIVING. (I'm so jealous!)

I've been reading his column for a while now, it's funny and smart and has lots of great info. This week his column was about watching TV on the internet. He recommended some sites like Hulu, Fancast, and Veoh to watch current and classic television shows (they have some full length movies as well.) I knew about Veoh because they have feature some of our Smidgits videos but they have changed formats recently to focus more on the "big guns". I checked out Hulu on Mr. Lawrences recommendation and I love it. Except I really should be writing, not watching even more television.

I sent Mr. Lawrence an email thanking him for his great column and he wrote back suggesting I catch "Kitchen Confidential" on Hulu. I did. It's a great show, really funny. Catch the first episode and you'll never look at a French chef the same way again. Check it out.

2 comments:

Maura said...

Ah, getting paid to watch T.V. Yet another opportunity not presented to me on Career Day! Drat!

Maybe you can come up with some kind of scam that gets people to pay you to tell them what shows to watch. Or, better yet, get them to pay you to watch the shows for them. You could say how you understand how there just aren't enough hours in the day for busy people to watch all the shows they want to watch, so you'll take the pressure off by doing it for them!

I've made a note about Kitchen Confidential. I'll let you know what I think when I get some time to check it out. But I'm not paying you anything!! :)

Shae said...

I know, all of my counsellors in school said I had to get a real job and not sit around watching TV all day. No one ever mentioned that I could turn watching TV all day into a real job. Dang it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...