Monday, June 23, 2008

Truly One of the Greats


I am so saddened by the death of George Carlin. He was, I believe, one of the most influential comics in history. He was both cerebral and crude, intellectual and every man. I was fortunate enough to see him live a few years ago, and he was brilliant. He was such a fixture in comedy that I just can't believe he's gone. My mother loved the "Hippy Dippy Weather Man" so I have included a tribute with that bit in it. Rest in peace, George. I know that somewhere in Heaven today, angels are laughing.

2 comments:

Maura said...

I agree, Shae. George was truly one of the most talented men in the industry. I was very sorry to hear of his passing. He will be missed.

One of the first times I ever saw him was on one of his early HBO specials and he did a bit about the differences between dogs and cats that still makes me laugh today when I think about it. I think I am going to head on over to Netflix and see if I can rent some of his standup.

dyann hunter said...

Yes! The dog and cat bit was classic!
I will miss George. What a comedian!

I got to see him here in Vegas a couple of years ago. Edgy and in your face, and so intelligent. We need more of him on this wacky planet. I wish could have hung out here longer :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...