Monday, June 09, 2008

Started Me Thinking

Okay, the "Last Comic Standing" thing got me to thinking that I really miss my comedy friends. So I wrote to my favorite producer, the lovely Joe Jarret to say hi and catch up. His daughter is graduating high school next week. I can't believe it. When I first met her she was a lovely pre-teen girl holding a tiny puppy. Her parents wouldn't let her watch the comics (due to material) but they always let her come down and see me before the show. Now she's a beautiful seventeen year old. Her parents did an awesome job raising her and congrats to Alyce on her graduation.

So Joe invited me to come perform at Funniez again and do some comedy and catch up. I told him I'd love to so he's going to call me when he has some dates available. Then he asked for a new headshot for the publicity materials. Gulp. I hate headshots and the only person who takes a great picture of me is the fabulous photographer Grace, who unfortunately lives in California now. So I took the picture below to have something to send to Joe until I can have Grace take a new set. Is it too cheesy? My family doesn't think so for a comedy headshot (but I'd never put it on the back of my book!)

I was thinking that when I perform at Funniez I would tape the sets and edit them and maybe start booking myself again. I'm working from home so I could go out on the road. (I have a laptop so I could write from wherever.) Just a thought. We'll see what happens.

And yes, I said I took the picture myself. I took it with Photo Booth on my Mac, published it to iPhoto and voila. It's amazing! I wasn't wearing any makeup (thank goodness for black and white photography) and I just took it to see what I could do but it didn't turn out half bad considering it was lit with my desk lamp. Computers are so amazing!

3 comments:

dyann hunter said...

I think the picture looks awesome! I'm the first one on the bandwagon of black and white. All skin issues and coloring problems be gone! Poof!

You need to let me know when you get a show date. I'm so there! Touring would be cool, unless you're going to miss all our RWA meetings. :-(

Other than that I'll support ya in anything you so desire! You gotta do what drives you!

Maura said...

Love the pic. It's perfect for a comedy headshot. I can so totally see it in one of those little window thingys outside of a comedy club. If you are going to do any of the New York clubs be sure to let me know.I'd love to see you in action.

And I am glad to see photographic evidence that your skin hasn't fallen off! Has your sinus infection cleared up?

Shae said...

I'll try to never miss RWA! Your support means a lot Leslie, thanks!

Skin still attached, thanks Maura. My sinus infection is better, I have 2 more days on the antibiotics, if that doesn't do it I'm going to have to go see a real doctor instead of just the clinic....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...