Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reasons I Think 'The Partridge Family' Were Serial Killers

Okay, when I started this blog I was writing short comedy pieces (a la McSweeney's) and have sort of devolved into a diary of my life which, quite frankly, isn't that interesting. So to get back to writing, here is a comedy piece. Enjoy. (Or don't, who the hell am I to tell you what to do?)


REASONS I THINK THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY WERE SERIAL KILLERS

Where was Dad? Hmm? Dead, Gone? Nobody ever talked about him...

Danny Bonaduce

Did they really need a huge school bus for six people and a drum set? I don't think so. But to transport bodies, maybe....

The Manson Family. The Partridge Family.

They replaced Chris with a totally different kid! No one noticed that he went from a skinny dark haired kid to a chubby blond one? I think Tracy noticed but she was too afraid to say anything...

Danny Bonaduce

Have you ever listened to the lyrics of their songs?
"I can feel your heartbeat, but you didn't even say a word." - Okay, ewww
"I only want to make you happy, and if you say hey go away I will, but I think better still I better stay around" - Look, I know you think you love me but if I say go away, I mean GO AWAY. Can you say restraining order?
"We had a dream we'd go traveling together, spread a little lovin' then we'd keep moving on" - Keep moving on? Like ahead of the law?

They picked up hitchhikers. All the time. Sure, any normal single mother with small children would do that...

Reuben Kincaid, what kind of manager was he? One week they are playing Ceasars Palace, the next week a pizza joint on Highway 110. I think he was just there to keep the body count in check. Plus his hair screams sociopath.

Danny Bonaduce - I mean, c'mon, who wasn't creeped out by him?

Remember the TDK killer? Tracy, Danny, Keith? Coincidence? You decide...

3 comments:

Maura said...

I loved the Partridge Family! My brothers and sisters still tease me to this day about the fact that David Cassidy's picture hung on my bedroom wall for years.

But you are sooooo right about the creepy way they replaced Chris. I'll bet he was gonna squeal (or in their case I should say 'sing') about what happened to the dad. I mean, they didn't even remotely try to get somebody who looked like the first one!

And I'll bet those dark crushed velvet pants-suits they wore were not only 'hip' stage costumes but were excellent for disguising bloodstains....

dyann hunter said...

Danny Bonaduce got a gig as a radio host on Star 98.7 in California a while back when I was living in LA. He and Jamie were hilarious. He added some spunk and even played some what of a straight man for Jamie, the wild woman that she was. Everyone was rooting for him because he had supposedly cleaned up his act. But alas, I heard he was kicked off for his crazy shananagans.

He is hella creepy....

Shae said...

Hmmm, I never thought of the pantsuits being good for hiding bloodstains. Excellent call Maura!

Seriously, I loved the Partridge Family. Channel 5 here is Vegas used to run old sitcoms in the afternoon instead of cartoons and I used to watch them every day after school. You can catch episodes on Hulu.com.

But as much as I love them, I'm still convinced they were serial killers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...