Thursday, June 19, 2008

Never Put Off Today What You Can Put Off Until Next Week

Okay, I am the queen of procrastination. I admit it. And probably because I am so good at it (I once took an independent study course in college and I had ALL semester to write the paper and I wrote it the night before it was due and had to have my friend Michelle help me type it at three in the morning because I would never have finished on time - and I got an A) I do it stil, even though I know better.

So I have a meeting today at the Smidgits office to go over the budget for the Vegas show (yes, I did finish the script on tim last week). And I told Kelly I would take a pass at writing a replacement sketch for one he wasn't too happy with. It's one he wrote but he wants something different so I said I'd try it. The meeting is at one, it's now eight-thirty and I haven't done a thing. Oh, I'll get it done. And it's just a short sketch and I know the bones of what I want to write. But have I done it? No. Why? Because I'm a lazy procrastinator, that's why.

One of the things I knew I'd have to do when I quit my job to write full time was really be disciplined and I haven't done that. I have used every excuse (some more legitimate than others) and I haven't done what I really needed to do which was really make sure I did what I needed to do and not get sidetracked. Well, blast it, I get side tracked all the time. So that's it, no more pussyfooting around, it's time to get uber-serious and get to work.

I have a new schedule and I'm going to stick to it. I need you, my loyal readers, to help me crack the whip. Keep me on task and make me accountable for my work. Please. I'm asking because if I don't I won't accomplish my goals and then I'll have done it all for nothing. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Okay, now I have to go write a Smidgit sketch so I can turn it in on time today. I'm turning over a new leaf. Today. Or maybe tomorrow. Monday at the latest. Yeah, Monday. Monday's good. Wait, am I doing something on Monday....

5 comments:

Maura said...

I'll give you what support and help I can. But being a dues paying member of the Expert Procrastination League myself I don't know how much good it will do! Good luck!

Now stop reading your blog and get back to work!!

Shae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shae said...

Perfect, that's exactly what I needed! (And it made me laugh, so bonus points for you!)

And I would have paid my dues to the Expert Procrastination League, but I keep putting it off.
(Tip your waitresses, I'll be here all week)

dyann hunter said...

EPL Baby...Yeah!

I'm here for ya girl. I get sidetracked all the time. We can crack one another's whips.

Shae said...

I so need it, I am so lazy sometimes, which is weird because when I work for someone else I'm a real go-getter but when it's for me I'm a slug. Thanks Dyann!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...