Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Delays Are My Middle Name

Okay, I know I said I would post the "Back of the Book" synopsis for my new novel on Monday but The Graminator took a turn for the worse Sunday night so I was at the Rehab Hospital all day and night yesterday (and they don't have Wi-Fi).

Grams has gotten pneumonia and they feared that she had a pulmonary embolism so they had an ambulance take her to a nearby hospital. The ER ruled out the embolism but did confirm my suspicion that she had pneumonia. We are hoping that they can resolve the pneumonia and get her eating again so that we can bring her home. She had me really scared yesterday and I don't like being scared!

I will post the synopsis soon, honest, but today is another day at the hospital (is it wrong to hope that this one has a better cafeteria than the last one?) Thanks to everyone who posted comments about the first paragraph. I have taken it all under advisement but not changed anything yet because I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. And welcome to "Jonathon Bryant", and all the new Loyal Readers. My blogosphere grows ever larger it seems (no pun intended "Hue"). Thanks to everyone who is getting the Amused and Abused word out there!

Your patience will be rewarded my friends!

3 comments:

Maura said...

Hi Shae. Sorry to hear about the pneumonia. I hope the Graminator is feeling better soon.

Good luck with the cafeteria food. Sometimes I think they compete with each other to see who can serve the worst food at the highest prices.

I really enjoyed your first paragraph and am looking forward to the synopsis whenever you have time to get to it. And I just want to point out that if this is how well you are writing while dealing with all of your personal stress right now, I can't wait to see what you do when things are back to normal!! You go, girl!!

Jonathon Bryant said...

Ok Shae well I think maura pretty much said exactly what I was gonna say. I wrote a thing about you on my blog and just want to say again I hope the Graminator gets better. HaHa I dont even know you but I feel your pain. But yea just make sure she's better and dont worry about writing until she is, but the second she is better which will be soon, i want to hear more from your book. Best of luck with everything. -JON

Megan Bernstein said...

Hey Shae, sorry to hear about your grandma as well. Hope everything works out for the best. Keep writing when u can.


P.S. To everyone that sees this wear your seat belt please. Theres so many crazies out on the road today!!!! *MeGaN*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...