Monday, August 25, 2008

I've Been Adopted


It seems as though I have been adopted...or at least my garden has. In addition to the praying mantis' that inhabit my mint patch, I now have a garden cat. She has been living under my basil plant for a week or so. She mews like crazy, loves to be petted, is incredibly friendly and tolerates my dog. I have nicknamed her Lavender since that is the plant she is laying on. We have decided that she likes my garden because it is shady and cool. I am allergic to cats but as long as she stays outside it doesn't seem to bother me and I wash my hands after I pet her. If anyone is looking for a very nice cat, I'd be happy to get her a better home. Otherwise I'll let her live in my garden. Hey, some people have garden gnomes, I have a garden cat.

4 comments:

Maura said...

What a cutie! And Lavender is a great name. Cats seem to love herb gardens. My friend's cat used to come home smelling like basil sometimes.

I love animals. I used to have two cats and a dog. But when they passed on I didn't get more because 1) I was too sad; 2) Larry has allergies, especially to cats; 3) I used to travel a lot for work so it wouldn't be fair to the animals. But I don't travel so much anymore so I have been thinking about getting a dog. We'll see.

Did you get my email? I sent it to the one that is linked to your blog profile.

dyann hunter said...

Love the name! I'd take her in a heartbeat if I didn't already have two cats. I don't want to become that lady that has a house full of cats....

My one cat, Tikki, was found in a bush in California when I was visiting my brother. She was only 2 weeks old. She's now sitting here watching me type. I love her.

There's definitely something to say about kittens of the bushes and gardens :-)

Shae said...

Maura-
No email, try sending it again or use my alternate email (lvstndup@yahoo.com)

Shae said...

I'd have a zillion dogs if I could. I love cats, it's their fur that doesn't like me! I wish I wasn't allergic, I'd have a couple of cats too.

I know what you mean Maura, I was really sad after I lost my older dog Bitsy last year. She was 16 and had a good life but it's like losing a child. But I also can't imagine life without a dog who is so happy to see me come home! And Java thinks she is still a puppy (even though she is 12) so it's like having a perpetual baby (which satisfies my maternal instinct)

C'mon Dyann, embrace your inner crazy cat lady!

Seriously, the character in my book has a dog named Kat because she didn't want to be the cliche "single over thirty cat lady' so I know what you mean. And good for you for saving Tikki!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...