Friday, May 16, 2008

Busy Day

Today we have the first read through on a new sketch comedy show. New series, new actors. I'm excited. Comedy is hard to write solo. You need reaction to see if a joke works. So it will be good to hear it, see what words (and what doesn't) and to start tweaking it. I can't wait. But there is lots to do beforehand, like get set up, go to the store and get water/snacks (although I made some great chocolate banana cupcakes...I'll have to post to Gourmand Girl my adventures in cupcake land.)
In other updates, writing going well, book is progressing nicely, had a great new idea for a script yesterday, and the cookbook is slowly taking shape. A fellow writer, Dyann Hunter, (I hope she doesn't mind my linking you to her blog, it's great) invited me to a meeting of the Romance Writers of America (the Las Vegas Chapter, Cactus Rose). I'm excited because I have heard a lot of romance writers thank this organization and it's members for their support and encouragement. Yay!
Okay, I gotta go, my busy day is already underway and I can't go to the read through naked (that's not comedy, that's horror!) More to follow, loyal readers!

1 comment:

dyann hunter said...

Link me! I love it!

I hope you got something out of the meeting on Saturday! I always enjoy the lectures from the experienced writers of the group, but sometimes the rest of the meeting is a little....how shall I say....dull?

It was great to meet you anyway and I hope to see you again soon!

Those cupcakes sound delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...