Wednesday, May 21, 2008

If I'm Getting Better Why Do I Still Feel Like Crap?

Okay, I'm being a really big baby about being sick and I ain't gettin' no sympathy. (Don't you think my title sounds like a country song?) I am now coughing so much I couldn't sleep last night and so when my dog woke me up to go outside I kicked her out and shut the door instead of going out with her like I usually do. Figured I'd show her, right? So after I went to the bathroom and changed my pajamas (since I coughed so much I spit up on my first set) I went to let her back in...except no Java. I couldn't yell for her since I have lost my voice so I went into the back yard and noticed...the back gate was wide open. Yesterday must have been meter read day and the meter reader didn't shut the gate all the way, and the wind last night whipped the gate open. So I ran tearing through the gate, hoarsely calling for my dog, who I thankfully spotted halfway down the block, pooping on somebody's lawn. Fortunately she came when she saw me. I love my dog very much but she's as dumb as dirt and is too stupid to ever find her way home when she gets out which is why I never let her out by herself. So who exactly did I show up in this example? So now it's 7:15 am, I'm home and crying and upset at the world and everyone in it. And I ate a popsicle to soothe my throat and calm down. My family loves me (I think, although just to be safe, let's not ask them today) but they are getting really tired of my bitching and whining. Meanwhile my mom is cleaning house like a whirling dervish and I feel like a complete and utter waste and a human being. And I still feel like crap! I want to get better and I want to quit being a baby about not feeling good.

Okay, rant about illness and my awful day over. Get back to your healthful, meaningful lives.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...