Friday, May 02, 2008

Realistic Goals

Okay, 3,000-4,000 words a day might have been a bit optomistic. That's a four hundred page book. I'm writing a regency romance, that's only about a two hundred page book. So now I'm aiming for 2,000 words a day and on day one of the writing challenge...I did it!!!!! Yay for me. And yay for any other writers in the BIAM for May.

I said when I left ATM&S that I wanted to have a novel and two screenplays done in six months. I was a little scared I wouldn't meet those self imposed goals but I am now happy to report that I'm on track to achieve them, even with the detour to New Mexico. I will continue to update my progress here.

I had a dream about ATM&S last night. I went back to work there in the dream. I guess I really miss the place, which I think is only natural since I spent the majority of my life their for seven years. Jamie and Paul and Kurt were in the dream, and Scarecrow and Tin Man, you were there too! In the dream I agreed to come back to work but only if we could change my office around. Strange, huh? And my pictures were hung back I their old places. Which is actually doable since the box of stuff from my office is still in my car. (Yes, I know, I have to clean my car out, I just haven't been over to the storage unit.) I know that my sucessor is doing an awesome job, all I hear is how wonderful she is (which makes me feel great by the way, knowing how easily I was replaced and forgotten, thanks) Honestly, I'm glad she is having a good time at the place I loved so much but I'm sad too. I miss the front desk and talking to all my favorite people (you know who you are!) and Treat Thursdays and stupid all staff emails and my phone men and everything. I love staying at home and writing and taking care of my family but I definitely miss the social interaction.

This post is supposed to be about goals, so hear is my goal for today...2.000 words (and unfortunately these blogs don't count).

1 comment:

dyann hunter said...

Woohoo! Congrats! You kicked it off nicely. I think your goal is very doable. Keep it up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...