Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday Musings

Sorry no blog yesterday. I was on a good jag writing my novel yesterday (over 10 pages) and when the muse is with you, you gotta stick with it.


In the news today, a young woman from Texas won the state TEAM track title...by herself. (See story for all of the details) Talk about an impressive athlete. She is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I'm sure we will see her on a box of Wheaties someday. You go girl!

Everyone is calling for Hillary Clinton to quit the race for president, even though she is set to win in West Virginia. They say it's because of party unity. Okay people, this is America, it's called DEMOCRACY, where everyone who wants to be president can be (providing of course they are constitutionally eligible). Let her run if she wants to. There is really only one solution I see as far as 'party unity' and 'electability' in November. It must be an Obama/Clinton ticket. (Yes, I put Obama as president, I'm just calling it like I see it, not like I necessarily would like it to be. I was an Edwards supporter). There just isn't another ticket that will work. When people are split so decisively you will alienate the half that don't win. So by putting them both on the ticket, everyone sort of wins. And I think it would beat the McClain/Whoever ticket. What a historic ticket that would be. (Of course, with a black man as president and a woman as vice president I think an asteroid would hurtle towards Earth, but that's the chance you take.)

"Dancing with the Stars" is winding down for the season and I'm still hoping Marissa Jaret Winokur is in for the finals. I don't think she will win but you have to root for the five foot tall chubby girl. C'mon, if Marie Osmond could make it to the finals last year, let's give Marissa a shot. I'm pretty sure Kristi Yamaguchi will win but I don't think that's fair since she has been basically dancing on ice skates her whole life. The should have to handicap these things. But nobody asked my opinion so all I can do is vote.

It's windy today, but nice and cool The high should only be around eighty degrees which is fabulous for mid-May. I dread the triple digit heat but I know it's coming. But the longer we delay it, the better, in my opinion.


Okay, that covers sports, politics, entertainment and weather. Covering your world, it's ShaeNews!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...