Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Shows I Loved

Okay, I saw another blog where some guy just had opening credits to shows. Some of the shows I remembered and that got me thinking about obscure shows I loved. Here is my first.

"Seven Brides for Seven Brothers"..not the movie (although that was great) nope, this is the short lived television series. I had a major crush on River Phoenix when this was on. I think I was 10 or 11. I loved this so much. Seven hot guys. Check it out.

Recognize anyone?

Yup, that's Richard Dean Anderson, pre-MacGyver. And Peter Horton, pre-Thirtysomething. And Drake Hogestyn pre-Days of Our Lives. Not to mention River. I wish I could find episodes of this show. They just don't make western musical TV shows anymore (and it's quick cancellation is probably why.) Yes, there were musical numbers in this drama show. [Totally random trivia note: The girl that played Hannah and the guy that played Evan were in the movie version of "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas." She played a ho and he played a Texas A&M football player. Yes, my brain is filled with really bizarre tidbits like that"] All the brothers were named alphabetically, as they were in the film, but their names were modernized: Adam, Brian, Cade, Daniel, Evan, Ford and Guthrie. No, I didn't have to look it up. I could probably cure cancer if my brain wasn't already full of all this useless crap!

Here are the end credits for your viewing pleasure. I'm going to go dream of what could have been between me and River.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...